Sharing content and viewing content is gaining the top spectrum of the digital world in current times, with experts assuring that the figures are only bound to increase. Amongst content, videos are the top-notch league stars, featuring on multiple social media platforms like Instagram and TikTok, and also being validated by corporates in their campaigns and digital strategies.
However, many times, videos can give you a little trouble, when you try and play them on your laptop, desktop or even your mobile phone. It is a common sight to find a pop-up saying 0xc00d36c4 error or 0xc00d36c4 mp4 popping up on your window, ruining your excitement to watch an event video or your favourite movie. It is a stab right to the heart when you read ‘can’t play videos’ on-screen, even after trying different softwares and then you judge your device for being unfair.
Sometimes, you switch from your laptop to your mobile phone, hoping for a miracle but at the end, the question remains, what went wrong, why won’t my videos play on my phone, which is otherwise a latest and a perfectly well functioning device?
What went wrong?
Firstly, when 0xc00d36c4 error turns up on your screen, understand that the problem is with your video itself, it doesn’t matter if you try to play it via multiple devices, multiple softwares or store it in different hard drives.
More often than not, something went wrong while the video was being recorded, hence you can’t play videos on your screen. If you shoot on a low battery or shut down the recording device while the camera was on, it certainly stores the video but also corrupts it. Also, many times videos that are shot via a mobile phone or a portable device, especially mp4 videos, become corrupt when the device in use has malware or fails to compile the content properly due to background errors.
Hence, whenever you see, 0xc00d36c4 corrupt file fix or 0xc00d36c4 mp4, it means that the video definitely stands corrupted. However, 0xc00d36c4 on your screen also means, there is still hope, to have the video fixed and ready to be played.
What can you do?
1. Repair it first!
You should opt for various video fixing tools available on the internet, like Recoverit, that are specifically designed to fix videos which always display ‘this file isn’t playable 0xc00d36c4’ on screen. Recoverit is a simple platform where you can repair corrupted videos, be it on windows or be it on your mac, without any hassle.
1) Launch the platform and have your 0xc00d36c4 avi file ready to be fixed on your device
2) Select the ‘Add corrupted Video’ button on the platform and select the repair button
3) Look to preview your repaired video and download it only once you are satisfied
Mostly, all platforms have the same protocol, import the video, choose to repair it and then download the final output. Once you repair your videos, there is no chance of the ‘videos won’t play’ problem existing for you.
Moreover, you should opt for platforms that provide the added advantage of analyzing your existing non-corrupt video files and working on your corrupted video file again, in case the same videos won’t play after the first repair attempt didn’t work well. For example, Recoverit has the option under the ‘Advance Video Repair’ setting.
2. Try other alternatives!
Here are a few back-up options for you to try on your device, in case you feel the video isn’t damaged but it is a device-based issue!
1) Look to restarting your device in case the error seems persistent or you have an older device model. Moreover, try to keep your device free, reduce memory usage and have a charged battery before trying to play the video. Often, for windows devices, error 0xc00d36c4 Windows 10 pops up when the device itself is lagging due to background applications creating a block in the video playing software.
2) There is something called the windows audio endpoint builder service which might default and create problems in playback. Even if the video was shot well in ManyCam, it can lead to the ManyCam video source not showing up on the screen. Hence, restart the service via a few simple steps
- Press Windows key + R and enter ‘services.msc’. Click yes in the next pop-up.
- Go to Windows Audio Endpoint builder and select the properties button
- Stop the service by going to the general tab
- Click the start button when it becomes available on screen after a few minutes
- After this, replay your video and see the error code 0xc00d36c4 disappear.
3) Many times, windows media player or any in-house video playing application can’t play videos due to missing codecs, lack of support or the file format itself. Hence, shift to VLC media player by download the application for free or download codecs for the video file. You can also easily convert the file via any reliable online media file converter or video editing tool.
Don’t worry when a problem strives, especially when the solution is right Infront of you. Never face an issue with your videos, when you got a video repair tool in your pocket.