Master’s in Business Administration often abbreviated to MBA is the most popular post graduate degree on offer in India. Graduates from various fields pursue MBA because it acts as a career enhancer in this highly competitive world. There are countless colleges spread across the country that offer MBA degree but choosing the right college is a hard task.
In fact, the top MNCs look out for capable and skilled candidates from renowned universities therefore choosing top colleges can prove to be helpful in the long run.
So, here is the list of Top MBA colleges in India that you might find useful.
- IIM, Ahmedabad– IIM Ahmedabad ranks among the top 10 colleges in India that offers MBA in India and offers the toughest MBA programme. It offers double degree programme with reputed partnered schools like ESSEC Business School, France, HEC, France, University of Bocconi, Italy, European Business School, Germany, etc.
Fees: For the session 2019-21, the fee structure of IIMA is Rs. 23 Lakhs excluding service tax and any other taxes.
Placement: The highest salary offered to an IIMA graduate is Rs. 72 LPA and the average salary is Rs. 24.45 LPA.
- IIM, Bangalore– IIM Bangalore offers two-year full-time programme for MBA aspirants. It benchmarks its curriculum against the best in the world.
Fees: The fees for the batch 2019-21 is Rs. 21 lakhs exclusives of any taxes but inclusive of tuition fee, Course material, library, Hostel room rent, medical insurance, etc.
Placement: The top companies recruits students from IIMB such as McKinsey, P&G, Amazon, Accenture, Bain & Company and more. In fact, going by the figures, 442 offers were made to 428 number of students and 427 offers were accepted.
- IIT, Delhi– IIT Delhi is a public institute that offers admission to a two-year full time MBA programme. It is among the top 10 management schools in India.
Fees: The fees for the academic session 2019-21 is Rs. 8 lakhs payable in equal instalments for 4 semesters.
Placements: It has a 100% placement profile with average salary of Rs. 16.54 lakhs. The highest salary is RS. 20.06 lakhs.
- Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad– ISB Hyderabad is one of the most favourite destinations for MBA aspirants in India. Located at the biggest IT hubs in India, it has the maximum placement opportunities to explore. It offers a one-year management programme.
Fees: The fees for the academic year 2020-21 is 35.98 lakhs per annum which is partly refundable at the end of the year.
Placements: ISB witnesses highest ever job offers by the top recruiters (domestic and international) which includes Google, Amazon, Deloitte, Apple, E&Y, Barclays and so many more. In fact, ISB is the only campus where some of these companies visit for India placements. The average domestic salary of domestic graduates in Rs. 20 LPA.
- S.P Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai (SPJIMR)– SPJIMR is one of the top 10 Business school in the country. It offers specialization in finance, operations, supply chain management and information management. Also, it offers both a one-year full time and a two-year full time MBA programme.
Fees: The programme fee for this high-ranking B- school is Rs. 17.50 LPA.
Placements: It has a consistent record of 100% placement with rising salaries every year. It offers an average salary of Rs. 22.90 lakhs per annum.
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI)- XLRI is less well known than any other top management school but for serious MBA aspirants it is considered very well reputed with quality education and high alumni base.
Fees: The programme fee for the session 2020-22 is approximately Rs. 22 LPA.
Placements: XLRI has a consistent high placement record with 104 recruiters this year making 362 domestic and international offers. Top recruiters include Microsoft, Google, Deloitte, PWC, KPMG, Samsung, HSBC and more.
- International Management Institute, New Delhi– IMI offers a two-year full-time flagship programme in MBA. It also holds a top position ranked by the government of India and NIRF.
Fees: The fee structure of IMI for the academic session 2020-22 is 17.68 lakhs per annum which includes tuition fee, reading material. Library fee, alumni-life membership and a refundable security deposit.
Placements: The institute records 100% placement offers year after year. The highest salary has gone up at Rs. 20.75 Lakhs and the average salary has gone up at Rs.13.01 Lakhs.
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai (NITIE)– NITIE is ranked among the top institutes for MBA in the country since many years. It provides a two-year full time MBA degree.
Fees: The fees for the academic year 2019-21 is Rs. 12.53 lakhs.
Placements: NITIE has a phenomenal record of placements with top recruiters including Amazon, Deloitte, Capgemini, IBM, KPMG. The highest annual package has been Rs. 46.5 lakhs and the average salary is Rs. 19.77 LPA.
- Management Development Institute, Gurugram– MDI offers a two-year flagship programme in MBA. It specializes students in the areas of finance, marketing, operations, strategy and information management.
Fees: The fee for MBA programme as announced by MDI is Rs. 21.34 lakhs.
Placements: MDI offers remarkable final placements from top companies such as KPMG, OYO, Deloitte, JP Morgan and more. The highest salary offered to a student was Rs. 40.79 lakhs and average salary is INR 20.13 lakhs per annum.
- Faculty of Management studies, New Delhi (FMS): FMS offers a full time MBA programme, a part time and an executive MBA programme for serious MBA aspirants. It is one of the most sought-after MBA colleges in the country.
Fees: The course fees for MBA programme is Rs. 48,000 per semester including all the components.
Placements: The average salary recorded is INR 23.10 lakhs and the highest salary stood at Rs. 48 lakhs. Top recruiters at FMS includes Nestle, HUL, ITC, McKinsey, Microsoft among others.
Admission in a top MBA college offers a fast-paced career growth which helps students in their goal achievement. While recruiters place a large emphasis on the ranking of the college, but a larger emphasis is placed on your academic skills and performance. In a nutshell, MBA rankings are not perfect but really helpful.