An indispensable part of our lives, Hp printer has greatly impacted the literacy rate, now the readership has expanded to a much wider level than before. Printing technology has always been present as early as 220 AD but the real revolution and wide usership came with the advent of Gutenberg’s “Printing press” in the 15th century. Hp Printers, be it any brand or name are prone to certain printing errors one being the inability to print sometimes. We have planned the below section to help our readers with the top four effective ways to combat this issue. Have a read!
1. First and foremost check the basic connection, that might be at fault!: Most commonly the Hp printer shows “hp printer printing issue with black and white ink” status when it is not properly connected to your computer, or there arise some network issues leading to the printing error. Check for the same in order to comfortably progress with the printing function. Carefully check whether both the ends of the USB cable are firmly inserted. You can also try using a different cable to ensure that the fault is not with the cable.
2. An outdated printer driver might be the reason for your Hp printer not printing. Do away with the obsolete driver and download a new one for your system: An outdated driver for your Hp printer may lead to the unfavorable circumstances where your printer refuses to print means hp printer not printing black ink. In such a case it is best advised to download the latest, most suitable driver for your system. Follow the mentioned steps to download the driver for your system:
a.After downloading and installing the Driver Easy software click on Driver Easy and select “Scan Now Button”.Wait till the software scans for any problem devices.
b.In order to download the most appropriate driver for your device, click on the “Update” option next to your Hp printer not printing in your Driver Easy screen.
To uninstall the driver, read on :
- Open the installed “Driver Easy” and from the options on the left column, click “Tools”.
b.From among the options click on “Driver Uninstall”.
c.Look for your Hp printer not printing device to be uninstalled and click on “Uninstall” button on the bottom right corner of the screen, you may also click on “Update All “
3. Restart the system afresh by doing away with the previous stuck commands: In many cases when the Hp printer not printing refuses to perform its function, this fault can get easily rectified by doing away with all the former printing command traffic and starting the Hp printer printing issue afresh. Follow the below-mentioned steps to perform the canceling function.
- On the bottom left corner of the screen, go to the “Start” icon, thereafter choose” Control panel” and then “Devices and Hp Printers”.
- Now in the “Hp Printer’s” section, right-click on your Hp Photosmart printer. and click on “See what’s printing”
- Now click on the “Hp Printer not printing” menu and thereafter select “Open as administrator” link.
- Now yet again open the “Hp Printer” menu and select “Cancel all documents” link.
- As the last step, select “Yes” to confirm your action and you have successfully canceled all the previous stuck printing commands.
4. Check and deactivate the automated offline commands, it might correct the issue!: Sometimes the offline and pause printing commands are activated automatically impeding the printing function. In the aforementioned steps, we have mentioned the appropriate way to turn of such automated commands, scroll down and read on.
- As the first step, from the window button, look for “Devices and Hp Printer not printing” and select it.
b.Now on the next page select the icon of your installed Hp printer.
c.Right-click on the provided icon and click “See what’s printing”.
d.Now as the last step, on the upper left corner of the next page click on the “Hp Printer” menu, and click to remove any checkmarks next to “Pause printing” or “Use Hp printer not printing” options.
This step would enable your HP printer to take and perform the printing jobs to its best efficiency
If the above troubleshooting methods didn’t work in your favor, the last option is to contact the professionals. Depending upon the Hp printer not printing brand you are working on, contact their technicians with the help of the contact details provided on their respective official websites.
Keep reading this space to stay updated on such technical topics!